Saturday, September 10, 2005

Monkeys on da bus


Cool, no crashing yet. I have time to reflect on some things in HK...

Last night on the bus back from Causeway Bay, (it was a 60 min ride to get back home) I was sitting behind a young 20-something couple who were very close. The girl decided to take a nap by nestling her head into her boyfriend's neck and then eventually leaned over to rest her head on his lap, while his body slowly bent over her, and his head eventually began bobbing to and fro as well. For most of the ride, they were folded together like this.

About 20 mins later, she awoke with her hair in a mess, and the natural parting of her hair was pretty much unidentifiable. That is, until her boy started patting her hair down, picking strand by strand which way it should go (on which side of the part), picking and patting, picking and patting down the hair, until it was as good as freshly styled, before lightly pushing her head back into his neck so they could snuggle. Meanwhile, the groggy girl just let him groom her, and let herself be cuddled. It was like she was a toy he was playing w/.. styling a barbie, almost.

I found it quite comical to see the whole hair-picking and hair-parting and it reminded me of apes picking lice off each other. It was sweet... but hrm.. maybe it was weird to me that he was so thoughtful and considerate.. I guess it's a HK guy thing??

1 comment:

hikui said...

Hey erica,
I just got home and went out with IKEA girls last night. Sally told me about all you're jobs - I'm so excited for you! what are your other jobs (sally can only remember 2). Good luck on everything!
cheers, Rosy