Thursday, December 22, 2005

Yay for Christmas!

I can't believe it's almost Christmas! Another year's gone by and all those cliches about reflecting on the past year and looking forward into the next can't be avoided... Finally, I get to go on a mini-vacation away from the daily grind of work and just relax and forget about all the problems I've been having lately.

Yes, it's true, the last week has been really really shitty. It had nothing to do with Grace being here (or did it??? Haha just kidding Grace!! ) but I dunno why so much shit happened.

It started with falling off my bike last Thursday. Then over the weekend, we went to a spa, and it turned out to be a NUDE spa, and no swimsuits were permitted. It was really awkward at first cuz of all the 'hairy snouts' flopping around and of course there were nude ladies too but after a while I tried to act cool (didnt' really work). We had signed up for a HAMAM treatment, which was a traditional Turkish bath where you get scrubbed all over your body, and were again shocked to realise it was done by men. Not only that, but it's done in an open area with other naked people all over the place! But in the end, we went through with it anyway.

I shook hands with my HAMAM guy, who told me that all I needed to do was 'relax'. I tried my best and told him to avoid my left knee which I had scraped up while falling off my bike, and he did so that was good. But the massaging/kneading of my legs was BRUTAL and after the 20 min treatment I found a big purple bruise on my left calf!!! (ahhhh the agony!!!)

Next up was a pedicure upstairs. The lady was using some kind of device I had never seen being used for pedicures before, it was sort of like a dentist drill but on the end of it was some sort of screwdriver/flat metal chisel that she was running up and down the side of my big toenail. She started w/ my left foot, and it hurt a bit but not THAT much... but when she went to my right big toe, she just kept on digging deeper into my toe along the side of my toenail, so that before I knew it, I was shrieking like a baboon to her to STOP!! STOP!!! but she just kept going!!!!! for at least a few seconds. By the time she stopped, blood started pouring out of my toe, along the edge, and she just calmly took a cotton to my foot and said that it was 'normal'.

NORMAL!?!? I was NOT convinced. In fact, I was mortified!!!!!!!!! and in a LOT OF PAIN!! I now know what it feels like to be a war victim, I think, the ones who get tortured by having their limbs cut off, or their intestines pulled out of them while alive, etc. because I was WATCHING the lady CUT into my toe and I could do nothing about it! and after I was bleeding, I was probably in shock cuz I started shaking in my chair at what she did to me :(

If that wasn't enough, I found another big cut in my finger (from where I have no clue) which bled and bled... then a few days ago I went to a tanning salon and went to the 'turbo sunner' for 10 mins, thinking that my asian skin wouldnt burn like the dutchies even though I was warned by the girl who worked there... and what do you know... 24 hours after the tanning, my ass and back is as red as a lobster and it hurts to move :(

ANNNNND... this morning when I was washing a few dishes, I accidentally dropped a small glass and it broke into literally 50+ pieces, and I found 2 shards of glass jammed into my left pinky finger!!!! (which bled too). WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!! I hope all these little bad things have come to an end...

Oh.. btw... Merry Christmas everyone! :)

2 comments:

PakG1 said...

I hope u keep a lot of hydrogen peroxide around the place.... ~~

Anonymous said...

...

that's just insane

and ..ewww

~celinerulz