Sunday, June 19, 2005

Beach boobies


"They have my size!!"

hehe. The last weekend has been crazy hot in Amsterdam and pretty much all of Holland, with temperatures in the low to mid 30's (celsius). Supposedly, this rarely happens in the mostly cloudy Netherlands, where it's said that you only need two seasons of clothing: winter and fall. Therefore, at the first glimpse of sunlight, you can expect to find a Dutchie in shorts.

So, on Sunday, me and Sofie went to Zandvoort, the same place as our beach party a few weeks back, but this time, to get some serious tanning done. I didn't bring any sunscreen, thinking that compared to the average fair person I had really strong skin that could stand up to the blistering sun, but was I ever wrong. I am SO burnt. Not only that, but I have the ugliest tanline on my back, cuz as I was lying on my stomach, the little string around my skirt had shifted itself to lie right across my back, so now I have a striped back. :P It hurts to move now owww, my shoulders!!

The view on the beach was quite interesting as well. There are lil tarps everywhere and beach chairs, and if you happen to take one of them, someone will come around to collect 8 euros from you for using them. There are also people who walk around asking you if you'd like any drinks, and they will deliver them to you after running back to their shops on the boardwalk. Aside from that, a LOT of women were *gasp* topless! Okay, so I AM in Europe.. but I guess I just didn't expect to see that really. The last time I was in Europe (in 1995 w/ my parents on a bus tour) I remember going to a pebbly beach and us all gawking at ONE woman with her top off. This time, they were everywhere!

You'd think it'd be some kinda heaven for guys wouldn't you, but let me tell you, I'd think again. There are women of all ages there, of all shades of tans, and some really should get out of the sun (they're nearly orange or black!!). Their 'assets' are of all shapes, triangular, round, droopy, wrinkly, you name it, its there. And the weirdest thing was, me and Sofie were saying, it'd be okay if they're just lying there, doing nothing but laying still, but these women were doing everything from walking, running, playing volleyball, and splashing around in the water. We weren't used to it at all. :P Oh, and the worst thing I saw has got to be this woman with huuuuuge breasts, and her nipples were like the size of my palms! (For anyone who's reading this who actually has nipples that size, I apologize in advance, please do not take any personal offense to this. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's just have never seen anything like that before.) :P

No comments: