Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It was bound to happen...

Something's up with blogger in that I cannot write next to my pics w/o deleting them :P

Anyway, the below snow pics are from last week! On Weds we had a big snowstorm that lasted a whole day or two, so we ended up with about a foot of soft powdery snow (perfect for snowmen making)! So on Saturday, I finally got into our backyard and made a snowman, with the help of Mat, Sofie, Nico, and Olowine. Somehow, in the process of being built, it turned into a transvestite. :D


As for the bicycle pic, that is what I found tonight upon returning to the metro station after work. I was so ready to go to Dirk, the grocery store to pick up some fresh apples, kiwi, chicken breast and cereal but COULDN'T go, because someone had the nerve to take my bike seat AND my handlebars!! I mean, WTF!?! I had heard of people getting their front wheels stolen, but c'mon, my seat and handlebars!? Argh.

Anyway, I started walking home without my bike, seeing as it was useless now anyway, but after 2 mins of walking, I remembered that my bike lock had cost 15 Euros, and I should at least get that back. I walked back and removed the bike lock, and then I thought, "those bastards are probably going to come back to get the rest of my bike!! and I aint gonna let that happen!!! arghh!" So, I grabbed the rest of my bike and rolled it home. It wasn't easy, but we made it! But really...this was bound to happen. Bikes get stolen everyday in Amsterdam and it was only a matter of time before it happened to me. Now it's time to shop for a new one...

2 comments:

PakG1 said...

If you're going to buy another bike, what will you be able to do with the old one? I mean, I presume that you rolled it home for a reason... would someone be willing to buy the parts?

ForeverBlue said...

You should try to buy the handle bar and seats, but then again, you'd probably end up buying from the person who stole it from you! Now wouldn't that be something! =p