Monday, March 21, 2005

I like mini-horses!

Yayyyy!! Less than two days til me and Sally are in sunny Barcelona :D I can't wait!! Sofie, my roomie who has lived there before, created a large sized map for me by printing off many little squares of zoomed in maps and taping them altogether, and she's circled all the places that only locals would know to go for us. She's so nice!

Everyone's told me that I'm going to be blown away by the beauty of Barcelona and I'm totally expecting it to happen. So far, nothing has really taken my breath away cept for the Grand Place in Brussels during Christmas, and maybe that was just a piece of sweet waffle lodged in my throat. In fact, Brussels has kinda lost its 'wow-factor' for me since the second time I went there. It was the same buildings, but it just felt empty and old, and I mean, you can only have so many waffles before you feel like puking (or running 200 laps!). Nevertheless, we'll also be visiting good ol Brussels, Brugge and Antwerp once again when Sally is here. We're also planning to go to the Keukenhof Tulip Gardens, Zaanse Schans windmill and clog town and maybe Six Flags Holland :)

Update on the bike
I got rid of my half bike! Erik (from Sweden) turned out to be looking to replace his back wheel, so he thought he might just transplant his handlebars and seat onto the remains of my bike. He has also been a victim of vandalism when his bike bell lid was ripped off, so we struck a deal where I would give him a brand new bell and the remains of my bike for 15 euros. :D

After that, i started to look for a 'new' bike online, and sms'ed a few people in amsterdam who had them for under 40 euros. Today, a guy called me saying he had a bike for 20 euros, and that he's a bike repair man and that I can meet him tonight for the bike, so I might just do that. Everyone's telling me that bikes that are under say...50euros are stolen, but hey this guy's a repairman! I dont think junkies have advanced to selling their stolen bikes online, but supposedly, they're all saying that I'm fueling the stolen bike industry... Hehe. but really, i dont think i am...

St. Patty's Day
After having been in Dublin and loving the Irish people and culture, it was great to again be in the presence of those friendly Irish especially Michaela who is from Northern Ireland. We went out on the actual St. Patrick's Day to an Irish pub in the middle of Leidseplein, and there was live music being played and lotsa giveaways! We got free green leprechaun t-shirts, GUINNESS hats, and button pins that had quirky lines on them (like "kiss me i'm irish"). Then on Saturday, Michaela had a house warming/St. Patrick's Day party which was loads of fun as well. I went early to help make carrot cake, brownies and nachos and everything turned out even without any measuring cups! Woohoo!

Random thought of today: If a miniature horse galloped across your foot, would it hurt?

<---AWWWWWW!!!!!!!! soooo cute

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, erica, mini horses aren't made for galloping! so, i say it would hurt, b/c they go so slow that they put their entire weight on your foot. mini horses are weighty under all that hair, hahaha!

Anonymous said...

^oops that was me
ching-yin

Miss Fong said...

but they Do gallop! I've seen it on TV! they run like they're da shit, its soooo cute. It's like the lil guy's going, "Who da Stud huh? Who DA STUD!!!? YAAAAAA!!!!!!" as they charge around. Hahahaha.

PakG1 said...

What's a mini horse....